– On this page, we explain everything you need to know about GST302 – Business Creation and Growth
– GST302 – Business Plan Write-up, Submission/Uploading, and Presentation Date
–Incubation Centres and SDG goals
– Frequently Asked Questions About GST302 Business Plan and How To Login Into GST Portal.
– GST302 Online Facilitation and Business Idea Grading System
GST302 – BUSINESS CREATION AND GROWTH is an entrepreneurship course meant for all 300 level Students of the National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN). It is a core course and a two (2) credit unit course. GST302 has no TMA, Student’s who have registered for the course are expected to write a business plan and submit or upload their proposed business plan online on the ELEARN – (https://elearn.nouedu2.net/. The business plan serve as a TMA for the course.CLICK HERE TO GET SOLVED TMA SOLUTIONS
GST302 Business Plan Submission/Uploading and Presentation Date in 2023_2 Semester
Submission/Uploading and Presentation of GST302 business plan will commence from 4th September to 23rd October 2023.
The presentation of business proposal will be carried out in two forms:- Physical presentation at the Incubation centres and an Online presentation on the zoom platform. A student is expected to choose one out of the two methods of presentation.
NOTE: if you are going for online presentation, you are not going to do the physical presentation and vice versa.
- NOUN Online Lecture/Facilitation Timetable For 2023_2 Semester
- GST302 Business Plan Template
- GST302 Business Plan Submission and Presentation Date in 2023_2 Semester
GST302 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) For All Zones
2023_2 APPROACH TO BUSINESS PLAN WRITING AND PRESENTATION
The Directorate has initiated a new approach to Business Enterprise writing and presentation in line with global best practices. In light of this, students’ enterprise ideas must be focused on any of the four thematic areas and graded according to the rubric attached herein.
The Thematic Areas
- Agripreneur (with focus on meeting specified SDGs). Main business is agriculture or agriculture related. Agripreneur finds opportunities to make the most of agricultural products.
- Biotechnology (with focus on meeting specified SDGs). This is technology that uses biological systems, living organisms or parts of it to develop or create different products. Areas where biotechnology are mostly used are health care/medical (red), Production/industry (white), environment and crop production (green), and marine (blue).
- Green Education (with focus on meeting specified SDGs). This is a service sector which is expected to transform education in economy development with focus on environmental benefits and sustainability. Becoming environmentally friendly and ecologically responsible in terms of decisions and lifestyles. Green practices may include sustainable purchasing, electronics stewardship, transportation, pollinator protection, waste diversion, and pollution prevention
- Information Communication Technology – ICT (with focus on meeting specified SDGs). ICT services that can improve products and services in the various sectors of the economy. This may include software development or deployment.
- Students must make reference to at least one or more of the above Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) to clearly define societal problem(s) their business idea target to solve.
Business Plan Proposal Writing Template
The Business Ideas proposal writing MUST BE in PowerPoint template, It must be no more than 7 slides
|Slide||Content of each slide|
|1. Cover Page||Full names, matriculation number, title of the business, study|
centre, academic programme, phone number, email address
Clear ID Card or Picture, Incubation Centre
|2. Problem definition||Clearly defined societal problem(s) the business idea target solves|
in respond to identified challenges of Sustainable Development
|3. Innovativeness of the|
|State the extent to which the solution is new or is a significant|
improvement on an existing solution.
|4. Feasibility of the|
|The extent to which the proposed solution is achievable in light of|
the (i) Project’s technical aspects and Timetables, (ii) Team and Collaborations
|5. SWOT Analysis &|
|Describe your company’s competitive edge and vulnerability or|
weakness, State your opportunities and strategy for resolving anticipated
|6. Financial Analysis||i. List your fixed cost and working capital items and their|
prices, ii. Give an average monthly estimate of the output your
product/services), iii. List the prices of required items, fixed and working capital, iv. State your expected income, profit, and gross margin per
|7. Potential Impact and Sustainability||State the extent to which the solution will impact positively on the|
identified challenges and sustainability strategies
- Students can work and present singly or in group of not more than five (5) persons
- The proposal must be presented in PowerPoint Template of no more than 7 Slides;
- Cover page of the proposal should contain full names, matriculation number, title of the business, study centre, academic programme, phone number, email address Clear ID Card or Picture
- After completion, students MUST upload Power Point document their proposal online to the DE&GS platform;
- Examiner will download students’ proposal, and use same for assessment and grading;
- Therefore, NO UPLOAD, NO PRESENTATION. NO GRADES
- 10 minutes is allocated for student’s presentation
- 15 minutes is allocated for questions, answers, and review
NEED HELP ON GST302 BUSINESS PLAN WRITE UP?
Do you need help with a business plan? At EDUSPORTAL.COM we have a TEAM OF EXPERTS and we have excellent experience in writing students’ business plans. We have served hundreds of students as we have extraordinary writing skills. WE DO NOT PROVIDE TEMPLATES, WE WRITE INVESTOR READY STUDENTS BUSINESS PLANS THAT GIVES YOU GOOD SCORE.
Contact EDUSPORTAL Team Today
Email: – email@example.com
How To Submit GST302 Business Plan
Follow the steps below to upload/submit your business plan.
- Login to https://elearn.nou.edu.ng/
- Click on Go to Online Course
- Click on GST302
- Open all the links in the sections to tick all the boxes as part of participation
- Scroll down to Submission of Enterprise Ideas
- Click on the link for your Incubation centre, e.g. those in Akure or Ekiti are in the Southwest incubation centre, those in Calabar or delta are in the Southsouth incubation centre.
- Scroll down to click on Add Submission
- Scroll down and click on the Add file icon. The first icon in the file selection section.
- A file selection box will open, click on Choose file
- select your business plan from the location it’s saved.
- In the save as box, we advise you should type your matric number so that it’d be saved as nou98765432.doc…
- Click on Upload This File and it’d be uploaded
- Finally, you’ll see Save changes click on it to complete the submission
- You can immediately book your presentation date, time, and mode.
- You can make your presentation online or in your incubation centre Link as a guide to making a presentation: https://youtu.be/az60xPks2rE
GST302 Online Presentation Procedures
- DOWNLOAD ZOOM APP, Go to https://zoom.us/download and from the Download Center, click on the Download button. For Android users, After that click on download from Google play. Allow the app to download and installed.
- Login to ELEARN portal – https://elearn.nou.edu.ng/login/index.php
- After Logging in, click on the dashboard where you’ll see your GST302 course.
- Scroll down a bit and click on SOUTHWEST 2023_2 PRESENTATION
- When the presentation page opens click on Join meeting at the top of the page.
- You’ll be redirected to the Zoom app.
- Once you’re on the zoom app, make sure your microphone is active.
- Make sure you have enough data on your phone
Most Likely Questions During GST302 Online Presentation
The following questions were usually asked from students during presentation:
- What is your name and matric no?
- Your presentation within 2mims (That is Executive summary)
- What is the innovation in your business since many people are already into the business or how will your business be different from others or what gap do you want to fill.?
- Who are your target customers?
- What is your SWOT analysis?
- What is your break-even point?
- How would you market your product?
- How much will your business cost (startup cost)?
- What is your organization structure?
- Name some of your competitors in your area?
How To Join GST302 Online Facilitation
- Type the website: https://elearn.nou.edu.ng/ on the browser.
- Enter your username and password
- Go to online courses
- Click on GST302
- Scroll down to South West Incubation Centre Meeting
- Click on it and join the meeting with the link that will always be sent to you.
- NOUN Online Lecture/Facilitation Timetable For 2023_2 Semester
Frequently Asked Questions About GST302 Business Plan
- WHAT IS GST302?
GST302 Course Title: Business Creation and Growth is a 2 unit compulsory course in 300level 2nd semester. Formally known as GST301 with
Course Title: Entrepreneurship Studies 1.
2. IS THERE TMA FOR GST302?
There is no TMA for Gst302.
3. IS THERE AN EXAM FOR GST302?
Yes, You will write a CBT examination on Gst302 just like the normal e-exams.
4. HOW DO I STUDY FOR THE EXAM, IS THERE A TEXTS BOOK FOR GST302?
Yes, Gst302 has a texts book, you can download the pdf on the school site (nou.edu.ng) and print the hardcopy just like other texts book, or go to your study centre after registration to collect the texts book if you need the pdf download via this link https://nou.edu.ng/sites/default/files/2018-10/GST%20302%20.pdf
- WHAT IS A BUSINESS PLAN?
A business plan is a write-up you will present to the school, explaining what it takes to start up a business, and how to manage the business well.
6. WHAT IS A PRESENTATION?
After writing the business plan, you will need to present it to the school, explaining what is in the write-up, you can do the presentation online, you can also do the presentation in your study centre.
- WHEN IS THE PRESENTATION?
The presentation starts on 4th September to 23rd October 2023.
- HOW CAN I GET THE WRITE-UP?
We can help you prepare the write-up at an affordable price. Call/WhatsApp:- 08117413104
- AFTER MY WRITE UP WHAT NEXT?
Once you have a write-up, you need to upload it on the GST site, then choose a day for your presentation.
- LOG IN CREDENTIALS ON THE ELEARN SITE?
Please, note that you need to create elearn log in credential before you can access the site to upload your business plan, We have explained the step-by-step guide on this page.
GST302 Business Idea Grading System
1. Idea Scanning within your environment to locate a problem you can solve and then create a business around it
2 . The level of relevance of the business idea
3. Level of Innovation and Creativity:
• What is new in the product or service as compared to existing ones?
• What impact will it make on the users?
4. Level of Idea development
5. Demonstration of the Idea (Product or Service)
6. Idea Documentation (Business Plan)
• Executive Summary
• Product Idea and Description
• Proposed organizational structure
• Market Analysis
• Financial Analysis
Note: A business idea could either be a product or a service. All students that registered for GST302 must prepare their innovative business idea proposals that will be presented at the incubation centre or real-time online.
All proposals must be typed and printed. If you have done No. 1 – 5, proceed to Business Plan and submit it on the website.
NEED HELP ON THE GST302 BUSINESS PLAN?
Email: – firstname.lastname@example.org