– National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN) Admission Form and Requirements
– NOUN Application Forms for Diploma, Undergraduate and Postgraduate Degree Programme
– NOUN Admission Procedure For 2020/21 Academic Session and How to apply for National Open University of Nigeria Admission
– NOUN Postgraduate and Undergraduate Admission Guidelines
The National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN) Admission Form for the year 2020/21 academic session is currently on sale, all interested candidates are hereby invited for admission into the National Open University of Nigeria Certificate, Diploma, Undergraduates, Postgraduate Diploma, Masters Degree and Doctor Of Philosophy (Ph.D) Programmes.
Before you start NOUN admission application process, click on the link below to see the list of courses offered in National Open University of Nigeria
Brief Intro about NOUN
The National Open University of Nigeria is an Open and Distance Learning (ODL) institution, the first of its kind in the West African sub-region. The university has an exciting platform where learning is not only easily accessible but also affordable.
NOUN is one of the best University in Nigeria, It was recently rated 23rd position among universities in Nigeria and 193rd position out of the 100 universities in Africa by Webometric International.
NOUN ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS 2020
1. An applicant for undergraduate admission into NOUN is normally expected to have a minimum of 5 o-level credits including English Language and Mathematics.
2. An applicant for postgraduate admission into NOUN is normally expected to have a minimum of first degree (second class lower) for masters or HND for PGD in a related field in addition to 5 O-Level credits including English Language and Mathematics.
3. Candidates must possess a good Master’s degree in a relevant discipline from the National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN) or any university recognised by the Senate of NOUN, with a CGPA not below 4.00 on a 5.00 scale. Some Departments may seek higher CGPA, while all PhD candidates will be subjected to oral/written interviews.
4. Additional requirements might apply for some programmes and these can be viewed after selecting the Programme and entry-level at the Faculty’s admission page.
NOUN ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS FOR UNDERGRADUATE (BSC) PROGRAMME
1. Five credits in the SSCE / GCE O’Level / NECO / NABTEB or equivalents at not more than two (2) sittings obtained in subjects relevant to the proposed field(s) of study.
2. Teachers’ Grade II Certificates with a minimum of five merits or its combination with any of the certificates listed under (i) to obtain the equivalent of five credits at ‘O’Levels.
3. Candidates seeking admission into School of Law must have five(5) credits including English Language, Literature in English and at least a credit pass in Mathematics at not more than two (2) sittings in NECO / SSCE or GCE O/L only. (NOTE:- Admission into NOUN school of LAW has been suspended)
4. The School of Arts and Social Sciences requires that one of the five credits or merits must be in English Language, while at least two (2) should be in subjects relevant to the proposed field.
5. For School of Management Sciences, the credit passes at Ordinary Level must include English and Mathematics
6. For School of Education, the credit passes must include Mathematics for Science Education and English Language for all humanities. Additionally, those in Science Education must have credit in English Language.
7. For School of Science and Technology, the credit passes must include Mathematics and English Language.
8. The minimum entry requirement for B.Sc. Environmental Science and Resource Management is five (5) O’Level (SSCE / NECO / GCE or NABTEB) Credits at not more than two sittings including English Language and Mathematics and any of Geography, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Agricultural Science and Economics.
NOUN ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS FOR DIPLOMA PROGRAMME
1. National Diploma at Upper Credit from recognised institutions.
2. National Certificate in Education (NCE) in subject(s) relevant to the proposed programme of study with a minimum of one merit and two passes.
3. International Baccalaureates, Interim Joint Matriculation Board (IJMB) with at least two ‘A’ Level papers in relevant subjects and pre-requisite number of ‘O’ Level credit passes.
4. Candidates for entry into School of Law must have a minimum of Second Class (Lower) degree from any recognized University with at least five credits including English Language, Literature in English and a credit pass in Mathematics at not more than two sittings in NECO / SCCE or GCE ‘O’ Level only. (NOTE:- Admission into NOUN school of LAW has been suspended)
5. Candidates for entry into School of Science & Technology may be admitted into 300 Level of the programme provided they have the following qualification:
a) Five (5) credit pass in not more than two sittings in SSCE / NECO / GCE or NABTEB in the following subjects: English Geography and Economics.
b) A registered and licensed Community Health Extension Worker with a Diploma in Community Health Officers Programme (Higher National Diploma) and with not less than two years post qualification experience.
- Five (5) ‘0’ level credit passes and ‘A’ level passes must be in subjects relevant to the proposed programme (s).
- ‘O’ level credit pass in Mathematics is required for all Sciences and Technology, Business Education and Science Education Programmes. ‘O’ level pass in Mathematics may be considered for Social Sciences Programmes. Also, ‘O’ level pass in English Language may be considered for Physics and Mathematics Programmes.
- Candidates applying for B.A English, B.A. (Ed) English and B.Sc. Mass Communication must have ‘O’ level credit pass in Literature in English.
- Holders of First Degree, HND or RN with prior knowledge and relevant work experience may be considered for advanced placement and waiver.
- Candidates awaiting results of any relevant examination may also apply; they should, however, note that processing of application will not be completed until entry requirements are met.
NOUN ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS FOR POSTGRADUATE (PGD) HIGHER DIPLOMA PROGRAMMES
Candidates seeking admission must possess either Bachelor Degree Certificates or equivalent from institutions recognised by the Senate of National Open University Of Nigeria; or
1. Holders of HND with a minimum of Lower Credit from institutions recognised by the Senate of NOUN.
2. Candidates seeking admission into the School of Law must possess a minimum of L.L.B degree.
3. candidate seeking admission for PGD Agricultural Extension and Management must possess a Bachelor’s degree with at least 3rd class division is required. Candidates with pass degree and minimum of 3 years related experience may be accepted. HND holders in Agric Science or other related disciplines may be admitted. Holders of Bachelor degree in basic Science, Biological/Earth Sciences, and Agricultural Sciences from Universities that are recognised by NOUN are admitable.
4. candidate seeking admission for the PGD HIV/AIDS Education and Management must possess HND or a good first degree in related field of study. In addition, 5 credits in English, Mathematics, a science subject and 2 other subjects.
NOUN ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS FOR MASTERS (MSC) DEGREE PROGRAMMES
1. A first degree with a minimum of Second Class Lower from a University recognised by the Senate of NOUN in a related field or study.
2. A postgraduate diploma in a related field from a University recognised by Senate may also be admitted.
3. A good honours degree in Education (Arts, Languages, Sciences, Social Sciences, Vocational and Technical subjects) from any University recognized by the Senate of NOUN.
4. Prospective students seeking admission for M.Sc. HIV/AIDS Management are required to have PGD in HIV/AIDS education and management as well as 5 credits in: English and Mathematics, a science subject and 2 other subjects.
NOUN ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS FOR DOCTOR OF PHILOSOPHY (PhD) PROGRAMMES
1. For the Doctor of Philosophy degree programmes, candidates must possess a masters degree in relevant fields of study from a University recognised by the Senate of the NOUN with a minimum score average of not less than 60% or a Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 3.5 on a 5-point scale.
2. Candidates for PhD Programmes will be invited for an interactive session before an offer of admission is made.
3. Candidates are advised to forward transcripts of their academic records and three (3) referees report, 2 of which must be from persons very well acquainted with the candidate’s academic work, to the Dean, Postgraduate School from which admission is requested.
HOW TO APPLY FOR NATIONAL OPEN UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA NOUN ADMISSION FORM 2020/21
- The first thing you need to do is to open your web browser e.g Opera Mini, Uc Web Or Chrome, and Visit the National open university for Nigeria admission portal https://www.nouonline.net/index.php NOTE:- Make use of google chrome browser for easy access
- On the NOUN website home page, you will see different menu options. Click on ADMISSION
- Click on APPLY Select either to Apply for NOUN Undergraduate Programme, NOUN Postgraduate Admission or a PhD Programme.
- After you have chosen your Programme, Click on Choose Faculty (note it can be found at the left-hand side of the NOUN Application page)
- Now select your Faculty (Select one of the Faculty from the list of Faculty available e.g NOUN Faculty of Agriculture, Faculty of Arts, Faculty Of Education, Faculty of Health Sciences, Faculty Of LAW, Faculty Of Management Sciences, Faculty of Sciences, Faculty of Social Sciences)
- Choose programme of Study
- Select “Level” and “View subject required” to view compulsory subjects required for NOUN admission into BNSc Nursing (Note: I am using Nursing as an example don’t go and fill it oh)
These are the subject requirements of Nursing programme:
ENTRY LEVEL: 100
B.NSC. NURSING (NEW)
ENTRY LEVEL: 100
|Registered Nurse (rn)|
- Now Click “Apply” to proceed to payment.
NOTE:- NOUN Undergraduate Admission Form is five thousand naira (#5,000), Postgraduate Admission Form is seven thousand naira (#7,000)
Here is the type of message that will appear on your screen: You have chosen to apply for BNSc Nursing in the Faculty of Health Sciences. The application fee for this programme is N5,000.00 (Five Thousand Naira Only)
- Click Proceed and Input details on the newly opened portal page
- Choose Bank branch as payment type and Click Pay
- Copy and take your RRR number to any bank branch for payment
- You can also pay online through remita.net
- Perform 1st Step, 2nd Step, 3rd Step above
- After performing step 1-3, Click on Continue after payment
- Input RRR Number, Select Programme, Level and Click Proceed
- Fill the NOUN Admission Form
AFTER FILLING FORM
1. Click “Submit”
2. Print your NOUN Provisional Admission Letter.
3. Visit the nearest study centre for screening.
NOTE:- Due to COVID19 pandemic in the world, NOUN admission clearance is now done online. CLICK HERE AND FOLLOW THE GUIDELINES FOR NOUN ONLINE ADMISSION SCREENING PROCESS.
That is all.
If you have any questions please use the comment box or
If you need help, EDUSPORTAL TEAM can help you to process your Admission and upload of credentials kindly contact us. Call/Whatsapp:- 08117413104 or CLICK HERE TO SEE OUR SERVICES
NOUN ADMISSION FAQ
NOUN Admission List 2020/21
As of now, The National Open University of Nigeria doesn’t have a separate Page or Portal for checking of students (NOUN Admission List). So disregard any media disclosing the List of NOUN Admission List or something similar, and do report to us if you can.
Required Documents During NOUN Admission Screening
The documents required during NOUN admission screening for New students clearance are the ORIGINAL and THREE photocopies of the following items:
- NOUN Admission letter
- Proof of ALL REQUIRED payments, such as deposit slips and/or comprehensive print out of all expected payments. (right from the basic form of money, i.e N5,000 to the most recent payment, either normal school fees and/or course registration fees)
- O’level certificate (Original and photocopy)
- Birth certificate or sworn affidavit (not less than 5 years ago)
- Passport Photograph (not more than 3 months)
What to do after being Admitted into NOUN
- Signup at the Nouonline.Net Portal with your student credentials (Matric Number and Password)
- Print admission letters
- Update nouonline profile with a recent passport photograph (How To Upload Your Picture To National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUONLINE) Portal)
- Print your student Identity card (ID Card) (How To Print National Open University Of Nigeria NOUN Student ID Card)
- Pay noun compulsory fee, Course registrations and exams fees.
- Review Noun registrable courses and Register courses for examination.
- Track all noun students programmes and activities to know what to expect each week or month and follow-up accordingly.
- Download noun course materials PDF for your registered courses.
- Get prepared for the noun tutor-marked assignments (TMAs) exercise.
- Check NOUN TMA Timetable updates
- Get NOUN exam past questions when necessary
Questions Related To This Article:
How much is national open university of Nigeria form?
How to gain admission into National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN)?
How to apply for National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN)?
How to apply for National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Undergraduate?
How to apply for National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Post Graduate?
NOUN Admission Process?
NOUN Admission Requirements?
How to apply for noun university?