The National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN) Admission 2023 Form and Requirements, Admission Form for SSCE, Diploma, Undergraduate, Masters, Postgraduate and Ph.D. Degree Programme, The NOUN Admission Procedure For 2023_2 Academic Session and the deadlines.
The National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN) is excited to announce that the NOUN admission form for the 2023_2 academic session is now available for purchase. This is a fantastic opportunity for those who are looking to further their education and take the next step in their academic journey.
NOUN offers a wide range of courses to choose from, including certificates, diplomas, undergraduate, postgraduate diplomas, master’s degree programmes and Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) programmes. So, whether you’re just starting out or looking to advance your career, NOUN has something for everyone.
Brief Intro About The National Open University of Nigeria
The National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN) is a leading institution of distance learning in Africa. Established in 1983, NOUN provides access to quality education for individuals who are unable to attend traditional universities due to work or family obligations.
The university offers a wide range of undergraduate and postgraduate programs in diverse fields such as Law, Art, Health Science, Education, Management, Social Sciences and Sciences.
One of the unique features of NOUN is its use of modern technology to deliver course materials to students. The university has a state-of-the-art e-library and provides students with access to online resources, including video lectures and interactive quizzes.
The university is also noted for its flexibility and affordability. Students can enrol at any time and study at their own pace, making it an ideal option for working professionals. Additionally, NOUN’s tuition fees are significantly lower than those of traditional universities in Nigeria.
NOUN is an excellent choice for anyone looking to further their education while balancing other responsibilities. With its cutting-edge technology, flexible study options, and affordable tuition, NOUN is well-positioned to help students achieve their academic and career goals.
Benefits of studying at NOUN
- The ability to study at your own pace
- The flexibility to choose your own courses
- The opportunity to earn a degree from a reputable university
Mode of Study in NOUN
- Academic Sessions: NOUN runs on a full-term basis with flexible terms. Flexible in the sense that individuals are allowed to progress at their own will’s pace. In order words, students are free to choose how they progress in their academic curriculum. The institution is semester oriented rather than session.
- Student Portal: This is more or less the students’ dashboard where every activity as regards registrations are carried out. Such registration includes generation of RRR, payment of school fees, registration of courses and exams, printing of I.D card, as well as checking of results and submission of tutor marked assignments. Academic histories and exam results are also stored on the portal.
- Facilitation: This is a kind of lecture carried out by the lecturers of the university for students in 100 and 900 levels. It is not compulsory but vital for all the students. It is geared towards intimating the students with their course materials. It is however not a criterion for doing well academically as far as NOUN is concerned. Extensive reading of the course materials is. This is because the facilitation is always for a very short period in a given semester and the facilitators hardly touch half of the course materials. The facilitators are not the ones that set the exam question, as questions are sent directly from the headquarters and according to the content of the course material.
- Tutor-Marked Assignment (TMA) The tutor-marked assignment is part of the academic curriculum at the National Open University of Nigeria. It is an online based test that is geared towards helping in developing regular study habits in students and giving students practice in writing responses to questions thereby having a kind of rehearsal in the preparation for the final examination especially in 100 and 200 levels. It, however, carries 30% of the total grade of any course.
- Course Materials: Every course in NOUN has its own material both in print and electronic copies. These are lecture-like books designed in such a way to represent classroom lectures. They are written in units and grouped in modules. The books are not sold separately but are distributed according to the courses registered by the students. The print copies are, however, subject to first come first serve basis and when they are exhausted in a given semester, students are then referred to the electronic copies online.
- Examinations: NOUN’s exams are in two forms, e-exam(cbt) and pen on paper (POP). The e-exam is for 100 and 200-level students while the POP is for 300-level and above. All law courses are POP.
- Undergraduate and Postgraduate Courses Offered at the National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN)
- NOUN Study Centres and their Locations
NOTE:- NOUN Admission, Course and Exam Registration for 2023_2 semester is ongoing
NOUN ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
1. An applicant for undergraduate admission
The National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN) admission requirements for undergraduate programmes vary depending on the programme of study. However, the general requirements include:
- Minimum of five (5) O’level credits in relevant subjects at not more than two (2) sittings
- Minimum of two (2) A’level passes in relevant subjects
- Minimum of credit pass in NCE in relevant course – For direct entry
- National Diploma (ND) with at least Lower Credit in relevant disciplines – For direct entry
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of third-class division in relevant disciplines – For direct entry
- Higher National Diploma (HND) with at least Lower Credit in relevant disciplines – For HND conversion
2. An applicant for postgraduate admission
- An applicant for postgraduate admission into NOUN is normally expected to have a minimum of a first degree ( second class lower) for masters or HND for PGD in a related field in addition to 5 O-Level credits including English Language and Mathematics.
- Additional requirements might apply for some programmes and these can be viewed after selecting the Programme and entry level at the Faculty’s admission page.
3. An applicant for PhD Programme
- Candidates must possess a good Master’s degree in a relevant discipline from the National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN) or any university recognised by the Senate of NOUN, with a CGPA not below 4.00 on a 5.00 scale. Some Departments may seek higher CGPA, while all Ph.D. candidates will be subjected to oral/written interviews.
- Also, candidates with a CGPA not below 3.50 on a 5.00 scale can apply for PhD/MPhil admission. They must possess a good Master’s degree in a relevant discipline from the National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN) or any university recognised by the Senate of NOUN. Candidates will be subjected to oral/written interviews.
- Candidates applying for PhD Law must possess Master of Laws (LLM) degree or MPhil from an approved university with a weighted average which shall not be less than 60% or a minimum CGPA of 4.00 on a 5.00-point scale. Candidates will be subjected to oral/written interviews
How Much is the National Open University of Nigeria Admission Form?
The NOUN admission form is 5,000 Naira for the Undergraduate Programme, the Postgraduate Admission form is 7,500 Naira while PhD admission form is 10,000 Naira.
”CONTACT EUDSPORTAL TEAM FOR NOUN ADMISSION PROCESSING
HOW TO APPLY FOR NATIONAL OPEN UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA NOUN ADMISSION
- The first thing you need to do is to open your web browser e.g Opera Mini, Uc Web Or Chrome, and Visit the National open university for Nigeria admission portal https://www.nouonline.net/index.php NOTE:- Make use of google chrome browser for easy access
- On the NOUN website home page, you will see different menu options. Click on APPLY at the top menu or click on APPLY FOR ADMISSION
- Click on APPLY Select either to Apply for NOUN Undergraduate Programme, NOUN Postgraduate Admission or PhD Programme.
- After you have chosen your Programme, Click on Choose Faculty (note it can be found at the left-hand side of the NOUN Application page)
- Now select your Faculty (Select one of the Faculty from the list of Faculty available e.g NOUN Faculty of Agriculture, Faculty of Arts, Faculty Of Education, Faculty of Health Sciences, Faculty Of LAW, Faculty Of Management Sciences, Faculty of Sciences, Faculty of Social Sciences)
- Choose a programme of Study
- Select “Level” and “View subject required” to view compulsory subjects required for NOUN admission into BNSc Nursing (Note: I am using Nursing as an example don’t go and fill it)
These are the subject requirements of the Nursing programme:
ENTRY LEVEL: 100
B.NSC. NURSING (NEW)
ENTRY LEVEL: 100
|Registered Nurse (rn)|
- Now Click “Apply” to proceed to payment.
Here is the type of message that will appear on your screen: You have chosen to apply for BNSc Nursing in the Faculty of Health Sciences. The application fee for this programme is N5,000.00 (Five Thousand Naira Only)
- Click Proceed and Input details on the newly opened portal page
- Choose the Bank branch as payment type and Click Pay
- Copy and take the RRR number to any bank branch for payment
- You can also pay online through remita.net
- Perform 1st Step, 2nd Step, 3rd Step above
- After performing step 1-3, Click on Continue after payment
- Input RRR Number, Select Programme, Level, and Click Proceed
- Fill the NOUN Admission Form
AFTER FILLING FORM
1. Click “Submit”
2. Print your NOUN Provisional Admission Letter and the admission form
3. Upload your document to NOUN portal
3. Visit the study centre you choose during registration for your screening.
If you need help, EDUSPORTAL TEAM can help you to process your Admission and upload of credentials kindly contact us. Call/Whatsapp:- 08117413104 or CLICK HERE TO SEE OUR SERVICES
Required Documents For NOUN Admission Screening
The documents required during NOUN admission screening for New student clearance are the ORIGINAL and THREE photocopies of the following items:
- NOUN Admission letter
- Proof of ALL REQUIRED payments, such as deposit slips and/or a comprehensive printout of all expected payments. (right from the basic form of money, i.e N5,000 to the most recent payment, either normal school fees and/or course registration fees)
- O’level certificate (Original and photocopy)
- Birth certificate or sworn affidavit (not less than 5 years ago)
- Passport Photograph (not more than 3 months)
NOUN ADMISSION FAQ
NOUN Admission List 2023
As of now, The National Open University of Nigeria doesn’t have a separate Page or Portal for checking of students (NOUN Admission List). So disregard any media disclosing the List of NOUN Admission List or something similar, and do report to us if you can.
What to do after being Admitted to NOUN
- Signup at the Nouonline.Net Portal with your student credentials (Matric Number and Password)
- Print admission letters
- Update nouonline profile with a recent passport photograph (How To Upload Your Picture To National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUONLINE) Portal)
- Print your student Identity card (ID Card) (How To Print the National Open University Of Nigeria NOUN Student ID Card)
- Pay NOUN SCHOOL fees, and do your course registrations and exam registration.
- Review Noun registrable courses and Register courses for examination.
- Track all noun student’s programmes and activities to know what to expect each week or month and follow up accordingly.
- Download noun course materials PDF for your registered courses.
- Get prepared for the noun tutor-marked assignments (TMAs) exercise.
- Check NOUN TMA Timetable updates
- Get NOUN exam past questions when necessary