The National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) students are encouraged to continue with their studies as we all comply with the stay-at-home instructions to stop the spread of Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19).
As we are aware NOUN as an Open and Distance Learning Institution (ODL) allows learning at a distance as it focuses on open access to education freeing learners from the constraints of time and place. In spite of the current challenges National Open University Of Nigeria students are encouraged to take advantage of the Online Lecture/Facilitation sessions made available for many courses
NOUN Online Lecture/Facilitation offers the opportunity for students to engage with facilitators on the course materials. Typically, the facilitation exercise comprises of three main activities:
1. Video Conferencing Sessions: Here the facilitator will come online for one hour based on a predetermined schedule (see https://mylearningspace.nouedu2.net/info/time-table). The facilitator will briefly explain concepts in a course module or unit under consideration after which he/she answers questions students may have on the course material. All the video conferencing session will be recorded and made available on the NOUN Learning Space for review and the benefit of those that could not join the sessions.
2. Discussion Forums: An online discussion forum is a learning tool that gives students a place to express their opinion and understanding regarding the topic outlined for discussion. Students will be able to challenge one another to think deep on the course. The online facilitator will guide the process.
3. Chat Sessions with other students in the course
Students may participate in the activities using internet-enabled smart devices i.e. smartphones, tablets, laptops and desktops. Throughout the exercise, students are expected to exhibit basic online etiquette
All NOUN’s online platforms remain accessible to staff and students. Specifically, the online learning platforms can be accessed via https://mylearningspace.nouedu2.net/ and https://elearn.nouedu2.net.
NOUN Online Facilitation timetable for 2020 semester can be accessed here https://edusportal.com/noun/noun-online-facilitation-timetable-for-2020_1-semester-all-faculties/
Please be reminded of the recommended measures to help protect individuals from the Coronavirus Disease see https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prepare/prevention.html.
Directorate of Learning Content Management System
Visit NOUN Official Website for more info nou.edu.ng
HOW TO ACCESS NOUN ONLINE FACILITATION PORTAL – MYLEARNINGSPCAE
1. Visit the site facilitation website https://mylearningspace.nouedu2.net
2. Enter your username and password the initial username is your matriculation number and the password is also your matriculation number enter it in lower case (small letter)
3. After a successful login, you will be prompted to change your password
A enter your old password (i.e. your matric number)
B enter your new password
C confirm the new password
D check to see that your email address, programme, study centre etc. have been entered correctly. If not, make the appropriate changes
E click on save.
4. You will get the message that the changes have been saved
5. Under the My Courses block, click on “Go to Online Courses”
6. You will be asked to confirm your login. Enter your username (matric number) and password
7. You will be logged into the Online Learning Management system
8. Click on any of the courses you have registered for and Join the online facilitators and other students.