NOUN Agricultural Courses – National Open University Of Nigeria Admission Requirements For B. Agric Agricultural Economics and Agro-Business
The Bachelor of Agriculture (Agricultural Economics and Agro-Business) programme is under the faculty of Agricultural Sciences courses offered in National open university of Nigeria (NOUN).
The programme objectives are to produce
a. Take up employment in any agriculture related area
b. Establish and operate their own agribusiness as a mean of self-employment.
c. Engage in production and research that will provide solutions to Nigeria’s agricultural problems.
d. Practice environment friendly activities as they utilize modern and technological principles in their agricultural career.
e. Plan and appraise new and existing Agricultural projects
f. Contribute to policy development and evaluation nationally and internationally
NOUN Admission Requirements For B. Agric Agricultural Economics and Agro-Business
Aspirants seeking admission into B. Agric Agricultural Economics and Agro-Business in NOUN, must have the following requirements listed below:
ENTRY LEVEL (100 LEVEL)
COMPULSORY O-LEVEL REQUIREMENTS
Credit passes in five subjects O’level (SSSCE/GCE/NECO/NABTEB) which must include the following:
– NOUN Admission Requirements For B.A Agric (Animal Science)
– NOUN Admission Requirements For B.Agric Agricultural Extension and Rural Development
– NOUN Admission Requirements For B. Agric (Crop Production And Protection Sciences)
– NOUN Admission Requirements For B. Agric Soil and Land Resources Management
DIRECT ENTRY ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS (200 LEVEL)
1. Those that have satisfied the above minimum ‘O’level conditions for admission and in addition have a minimum of two passes at the General Certificate of Education Advanced Level of its equivalent in Chemistry, Biology (Botany and Zoology/Agricultural Science), Economics, Geography, Geology, Health Sciences, Mathematics, Physics.
2. Those that have satisfied the above minimum ‘O’ level conditions for admission, and in addition have obtained the National Diploma (ND) / Nigeria Certificate In Education (NCE) in Agricultural Economics and Extension, Animal Health and Production with a minimum of upper credit, are eligible for direct entry course. The ND/NCE must be obtained from a School or College accredited by the National Board for Technical Education (NBTE) and recognized by the University.
ACCEPTABLE DIPLOMA RESULTS
|Agricultural Economics & Extension||Upper Credit|
|Animal Health And Production||Upper Credit|
ACCEPTABLE NCE RESULTS
|Agricultural Science Education||C|
DURATION OF PROGRAMME
The programme of courses leads to the Bachelor of Agriculture (B.Agric) degree and spans a period of 2, 4 or 5 academic years depending on the mode of entry.