How To Write IT/SIWES Report – NOUN
In this article, I will explain in detail how to write the National Open University Of Nigeria IT/SIWES Report.
WHAT IS SIWES?
RECOMMENDED SIWES/IT LINKS FOR NOUN STUDENTS
- List Of NOUN IT/SIWES Courses From The Faculties And Their Codes
- How To Submit SIWES Records On NOUN Mylearningspace
- Helpful Tips For IT Defence – National Open University Of Nigeria NOUN
- How To Pay For National Open University Of Nigeria NOUN IT/Siwes Log Book
- NOUN IT/SIWES Procedures
HOW TO WRITE NOUN IT/SIWESS REPORT
- Name of Student (Surname first)
- Matriculation Number
- Course and Year (e.g. Bus. Edu. 3)
- Location & Firm of Training
- Summary or Abstracts of report (about ¾ – 1 page) it should be containing all the essentials inside the report)
- Introduction:- Here, the student should state what he/she is going to write about. He should briefly outline the organizational structure for the company.
MAIN BODY OF THE REPORT
This is the most important part of the report and the student must show own innovations. The plan and order sequence should include mainly:
- The skills and practices the student required
- The operation and maintenance training received
- The specific work done must be given adequate coverage
- Any design, calculations, and analysis must be carefully but briefly recorded.
- Supervision and any leadership role played in a given project or assignment (if any) must be briefly reported so as to leave no one in doubt as to student’s actual involvement.
- Sketches, diagrams, graphs, and drawings (if any) must all have titles and designated as Fig. 1, 2 etc. and each must be referred to at least once in the report.
- Experimental test, together with the tables of results must also be given adequate coverage. Each table should be given a title in a sequential order as Table 1,2,3,4,5,6 etc. with related titles and must be referred to at least once in the text.
Here, the student should state again what he has achieved, contributed and learned during this attachment.
All those who have in any way helped the student to the success of his training may be noted in this section.
A list of references may be necessary. It should be listed in the order the references are referred to in the report and also listed alphabetically.
APPENDICES (IF ANY)
A detailed description of the working principles of most apparatus, equipment or devices may be reserved for the appendix section. Only in exceptional cases when the apparatus is the main focus of training should a detailed description form part of the main report. DURATION OF ATTACHMENT FOR SIWES FUNDING
The minimum duration for SIWES should normally be 24 weeks (6 months) at a stretch. The period is longer for engineering and technology programmes. The ITF will not pay for any attachment period that is less than 24 weeks.
In most institutions, SIWES is done at the end of the 2nd-semester examination of either 300, 400 or 500 levels. The time and duration will have to be worked out jointly by each school and the directorate and the ITF.
COMPULSORY REQUIREMENTS FOR PARTICIPATION
- Master List
- Placement List
- Summary Sheet
All students accepted for SIWES must be given an orientation on SIWES by their institutions during which ITF staff must be in attendance
SUPERVISION OF STUDENTS
Students on attachment are to be supervised by the professional ITF staff and the institution’s supervisors (comprising the staff of Schools and the Directorate).
You can contact EDUSPORTAL TEAM for your IT/SIWES REPORTS WRITING and FILLING OF LOGBOOK – Call/Whatsapp:- 08117413104
Normally I do not read post on blogs, but I wish to say that this write-up very pressured me to take a look at and do so! Your writing taste has been surprised me. Thanks, quite great article.
Plzx can I have a PDF file sent to me!
I have written several times to inquire about my IT/SIWES result. I did the IT in 2016, submitted my log book and was also screened successfully during the defends at my study center. I have followed all the necessary procedures to inquire about the result from my centre and this issue is yet to be resolved.
I need assistance on how to resolve this issue.
Thank you for assistance.
Am having the same issue ,mine is showing Mac 318 instead of tsm 350 and they have refused to rectify it ,it the only thing stopping me from graduating, 07089457572 add me on watsapp let talk please,thank you
I registered for siwes 1 during last semester, already doing the IT and this semester I forgot to add siwes two toy courses before it reached 24credit load. If I register siwes two next semester, will it spoil what I already started? As in to make my result not to come out? Please I need an answer to this . God bless you.
you don’t register SIWES twice