NOUN E-Exam Tips For Freshers
NOUN E-exams – National Open University Of Nigeria E-examination Procedures For 100 level – 200 level students, NOUN E-exam Portal
As a fresh student at the National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN), you might be curious about how to write NOUN e-exam or what are the procedures of writing NOUN e-exam, if these are your questions, worry no more.
In this article, I will explain everything you need to know about NOUN e-examination, as a fresher in NOUN there is some crucial information you need to know, don’t enter the exam hall until you finish reading this articleDOWNLOAD NOUN EXAM SUMMARY
1. NOUN E-exam Timetable
2. GET NOUN E-EXAM SUMMARY
1. All the students will be given the same set of questions but the position of each question will be scattered. For instance, your own Number 1 question might appear as Number 6 question on another person’s screen. The options may also be scattered i.e your own option A might be another person’s option D.
2. The question is a mixture of OBJ (Objective) and fill-in-the gap. OBJ is usually around 35-40% and fill-in-the-gap covers 60-65%.
3. The ratio of the OBJ to fill-in-the-gap questions depends on the course you are writing the exam.
4. At times, some of the questions raised in OBJ are repeated in the fill-in-the-gap. It is therefore recommended that in case you forgot some answers you can attempt other questions, you may find the right answer along the line. (Please pay attention to this)
5. All the courses carry 70 or 120 questions, except Mathematics courses which carries just 35 questions and 2 marks are allotted to each question.
6. The timer starts immediately you commence the exam, therefore do not waste time when trying to solve difficult questions, make sure you attempt the questions you know the answers first… in fact, most of the times you can even find the correct answers in the front. So be patient while answering the questions.
7. Unlike TMA that all the questions are displayed on a page, the computer will only display one question per page. Hence, to view the next questions you need to click on the “Next button” or press the “Previous button” to access previous questions.
As you are attempting each question, you will be able to see the ones you have answered and the ones you have not answered below the current page (both will be displayed in different colours)
With this, you will be able to easily identify the unanswered questions and view them anytime you want.
8. The timer will stop immediately you log out of the system and if you log in again the timer will continue from where you stopped but the questions and options will be scattered
9. Explore the power of prayer: This may sound funny to some people, pray before you enter the exam hall or before starting the exam because sometimes you may be given a system which might malfunction or develop some issues during the exam. This might affect performance of the affected students and again it might take a long time for the system engineer to come and diagnose/fix the issue. Time is already wasted and little or nothing can be done about that.
10. Please note that the management has taken measures to mitigate impersonation such that your picture will appear on all the pages of the exam question… Anyone caught impersonating will be summarily dealt with.
11. Immediately you visit the e-exam portal you will be required to login with your matric number (just as you did in your TMA portal). So make sure you write your matric number where you can easily find it (in case you don’t know it offhand).
12. These are the basic buttons on the page and their functions:
– NEXT: when you click this button you will be able to access the next set of questions
– PREVIOUS: when you click this button you will be able to access previously viewed questions
– LOGOUT: when you click this button you will be logged out of the page unless you log in again
– SUBMIT: this is the execution button; you should only click it after you have answered all the questions. On clicking the SUBMIT button you will be notified if you still have some unanswered questions left. Make sure you review your work before hitting this button.How To Summarize NOUN Course Material In 48 Hours And Pass The Exam Without Stress
13. Once you click on the SUBMIT button you will see your score instantly. It is recommended that after seeing your score you should always write it down in a safe place in order to compare it with the comprehensive results that NOUN will release after the examination period. This will serve as proof in case there is any variation from the one released by the school and you will like to complain.
14. The exam is computer-based; the answers are already programmed and your answers will be marked by the computer not human. If you type any answer that is different from the programmed ones you will get zero. So make sure you type the answers accurately and use the correct spelling.
15. In addition to the above, please note that while answering fill-in-the-gap questions you cannot use your own English, you must answer it the exact way it is written in the course material or how it appeared in the TMA question. This is because your answers will be marked by computer and the answers are already programmed, anything aside this will be marked as wrong.
If you have any questions please drop it in the comment box. . .
We at EDUSPORTAL wish you success in your examsDOWNLOAD NOUN TMA SOLUTION
Is it true, that any question I got wrong the computer will deduct it from my score.
It is true
No it’s false
There is nothing like negative marking in noun
Pls after I finish registration, the exam that will be taken, is it CBT at any computer cafe
must I start the fill in the gap answer with capital letters
i have a diploma how can i apply for direct entry
How To Apply For National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Admission Step By Step Guide 2019
Please will they provide options to each question as was done in our TMA?
Yes. . .but some questions are fill in the gap
Is it possible for someone to write the exam outside the study centre
yes… if you have transfer letter
My question is relating to writing exams in another study center.
How can one go about securing a transfer letter as required.
goto your study centre and apply for it
Hi Gbenga, I’m in my first semester studying for my MBA. I’m in the Lagos centre. Where are our exams usually taken? Also, Is there a whatsapp group you can add me to? I’ve been looking everywhere for some sort of group where the latest info are shared.
How will i past the whole exams with out any fair
study your course material and practices past questions
If I score 39.5,did I fail the course?
what is your TMA score?
TMA IS 30.EXAM IS 9.
Exam is 9.5 —Tma is 30
This is very interesting. But I’d like to ask question on Fill-in the gap section. What is the standard method to answer fill in the gap? All capital letters or small? Or first capital letter follow by small letters? Because I felt cheated badly in the last e-exam we just did especially in the courses like GST105 & GST107. I still can’t believe I didn’t score up to at least, B grade in these two courses and I believe it’s because of the fill in the gap section. So, what is the proper way to answer fill in the gap.
Same here please someone should help me I don’t know how to fill in the gap.i know the answer but the problem is how to fill it in
I have been having same issue, can someone please explain
I forget to click summit all after doing exam finish plz will the computer mark it for me with clicking summit all
Please have submitted my exam clearance for like a month ago and am yet to collect it,
there’s a particular questions that hasn’t been answered here. and is concerning the CAPSLOCK issue. pls let the admin help us with this issue as it’s been neglect.
In what form will the NOUN screening of its admission candidates come? Is it going to be as a written test and in what subjects will it be. Please, kindly and urgently respond to this. Thanks!!!
No test, NOUN screening is to check the authencity of your certificate
GOOD DAY I STUDIED INSURANCE OND CAN I USE IT TO APPLY FOR BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION YEAR 2 IN NOUN PLS I NEED A REPLY
GOOD DAY I STUDIED INSURANCE OND CAN I USE IT TO APPLY FOR BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION YEAR 2 IN NOUN PLS I NEED A REPLY OR WHAT CAN I USE MY INSURANCE(OND) TO STUDY IN NOUN YEAR 2
Hello pls I need to no the rules of fill in the gap, what is the rules ? because my score was very poor last semester so pls guid me about it thanks .
Is it right to use all capital letters for fill in the gap?
Pls does it mean if I click log out I won’t see my results?
you will see your result, the system will auto submit
Please how do i answer fill in the gab without mistake
Please explain how to use block and small letters when filling the gaps in e-exams.
Pls sir, wat is the cut off mark for both TMA and exams to avoid carry over
25 in TMA
25 in exam
Is 49.5 score a re-run
no, is D
Gbenga, I just got the noun admission letter. But I haven’t finish with my registration. Pls how can you help me with course material in animal science 100level, for the first semester.
check here https://nou.edu.ng/e-courseware/
do they set theory questions for medical students in noun?
students in 300 – 500 level write pen on paper exam
can I pay all fees related to noun online without having to go to the bank?