Federal University of Technology, Akure (FUTA) Centre for Continuing Education (CCE) is now Selling Admission Form for it’s University Advanced Basic Science (UABS) Programme. See below for Admission Requirements, Application Guidelines for 2019/2020 Academic Session.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the University Advanced Basic Science (UABS) Programme of the Federal University of Technology, Akure.
The UABS Programme is designed to prepare candidates for Direct Entry Admission into 200 Level Undergraduate Degree Programmes. It is full time, and runs for one academic session of Two (2) semesters.
DURING THE PROGRAMME, CANDIDATES WILL HAVE OPPORTUNITY TO WRITE THE FOLLOWING BASIC EXTERNAL EXAMINATIONS
i. Advanced Level Cambridge International Examination (CIE).
ii. Joint Universities Preliminary Examination Board (JUPEB) Examination.
iii. Interim Joint Matriculation Board (IJMB) Examination.
CANDIDATES WILL BE PREPARED FOR THE ABOVE EXAMINATIONS IN THE FOLLOWING SUBJECTS COMBINATIONS
*Physics, Chemistry, Biology *Chemistry, Mathematics, Economics *Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics
*Geography, Mathematics, Economics *Physics, Geography, Mathematics *Biology, Mathematics, Chemistry
*Physics, Economics, Mathematics * Economics, Mathematics, Biology * Biology, Mathematics, Physics
FOR CANDIDATES WHO ARE INTERESTED IN FUTA, ADMISSIONS COULD BE SOUGHT INTO THE FOLLOWING SCHOOLS AND DEPARTMENTS:
SCHOOL OF AGRICULTURE AND AGRICULTURAL TECHNOLOGY (SAAT)
- Agricultural Resource and Economics (ARE)
- Agricultural Extension and Communication (AEC)
- Animal Production and Health (APH)
- Crop, Soil and Pest Management (CSP)
- Ecotourism and Wildlife Management (EWM)
- Fisheries and Aquaculture Technology(FAT)
- Food Science and Technology (FST)
- Forestry and Wood Technology (FWT)
SCHOOL OF ENGINEERING AND ENGINEERING TECHNOLOGY (SEET)
- Agricultural and Environmental Engineering (AGE)
- Civil and Environmental Engineering (CVE)
- Computer Engineering (COE)
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering (EEE)
- Materials and Metallurgical Engineering (MME)
- Mechanical Engineering (MEE)
- Mining Engineering (MNE)
- Industrial and Production Engineering (IPE)Information and Communication Technology (ICT)
SCHOOL OF ENVIRONMENTAL TECHNOLOGY (SET)
- Architecture (ARC)
- Building Technology (BDG)
- Estate Management (ESM)
- Industrial Design (IDD)Quantity Survey (QSV)
- Urban and Regional Planning (URP)
- Surveying and Geo-informatics (SVG)
SCHOOL OF EARTH AND MINERAL SCIENCE (SEMS)
- Applied Geology (AGY)
- Applied Geophysics (AGP)
- Marine Science and Technology (MST)
- Meteorology and Climate Science (MCS)
- Remote Sensing and Geoinformatics (RSG)
SCHOOL OF SCIENCE (SOS)
- Biochemistry (BCH)
- Biology (BIO)
- Biotechnology (BTC)
- Chemistry (CHE)
- Mathematical Science (MTS)
- Microbiology (MCB)
- Physics (PHY)
- Statistics (STA)
SCHOOL OF HEALTH AND HEALTH TECHNOLOGY (SHHT)
- Human Anatomy (HUA)
- Biomedical Technology (BMT)
- Physiology (PHS)
SCHOOL OF COMPUTING (SCOM)
- Computer Science (CSC)
- Cyber Security Services (CYB)
- Information Technology (IFT)
- Information Systems (IFS)
- Software Engineering (SEN)
HOSTEL ACCOMMODATION: Limited Hostel accommodations are available for interested candidates.
ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS: Candidates should possess five O/Level Credit passes in WASC, NECO, GCE, NABTEB at not more than two sittings from English Language, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Agric. Science,/Animal Husbandry, Economics, Geography, Technical Drawing and Further Mathematics relevant to their proposed course of study.
How To Apply For FUTA Advanced Basic Science (UABS) Admission:
Login into your account with your username and password, and click on payment to generate an invoice for the application form.
Candidates are to pay an application fee of Fifteen thousand naira (N15,000.00) only excluding bank charges on either Remita platform OR e-transact in any bank of their choice.
Login to your account online to confirm payment and complete the online UABS application form. Submit the online application form and print out a copy of the examination schedule slip.
Submit the Online application form and print out a copy of the Examination Schedule slip.
The application opens on Monday, 10th June, 2019 and closes on Wednesday, 31st July, 2019. All awaiting results candidates must upload their results on the www.futa.edu.ng
The under-listed helplines could be contacted for clarification on issue bordering on the registration.
07061162814; 07056096340; and 08074254379
CLOSING DATE FOR SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION FORMS: All completed online application forms with the required relevant documents should be submitted to www.futa.edu.ng on or before Wednesday, 31st July, 2019.