The National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Office of the Coordinator Project Defence and Moderation has released timetable for 2019_2 Project defence and Moderation in three (3) Zones:- ABUJA, LAGOS and UYO.
RECOMMENDED:- NOUN Project Defence Timetable For 2020_1 Semester
NOTE:- Project Defence is for Post Graduate Students
TIMELINE SCHEDULE FOR PROJECT DEFENCE
1. Tuesday, 22 nd December, 2019:
Deadline for the uploading of projects and other non-examinable courses on the Projects Administration System (PAS 2.0)
2. Saturday, 4 th January, 2020:
Arrival of staff of the Office of the Coordinator, Projects Defence and Moderation
3. Sunday, 5th January, 2020:
Arrival of the officials of Study Centres
6th – a. Submission of all projects and other non-examinable courses by all the Study Centres to the officials of the Office Coordinator at the respective Zones
Tuesday, 7th January, 2020:
b. Sorting of projects and materials of other non-examinable courses received from the Study Centres
c. Perfection of site logistics by the Office of the Coordinator
5. Tuesday, 7 th January, 2020:
Arrival of all Departmental Representatives (they are not expected at the venue and no materials would be handed over to them on this day)
6. Wednesday, 8th January, 2020:
a. Briefing by the Coordinator, Project Defence and Moderation
b. Handing over of received projects and materials of other non-examinable courses to the Departments by the officials of the Office of the Coordinator, Projects Defence and Moderation
c. Arrival of External Examiners and Perusal of Projects for Defence by the External Examiners ahead of commencement of projects defence on Wednesday
7. Thursday, 9th –
a. Projects defence according to the time table stipulated below
Tuesday, 14th January, 2020:
b. Projects moderation in strict compliance with section 2.5.6 of the Guidelines
8. Wednesday, 15th January, 2020
a. Conclusion of work on other non-examinable courses by the relevant Departmental Representatives b. Departure of remaining External Examiners
9. Thursday, 16th – Friday, 17th January, 2020:
Return and collection of examined/moderated students’ work by Study Centres
10. Saturday, 18th January, 2020:
Departure by officials of the Office of Coordinator, Projects Defence and Moderation
a. In line with section 2.2.11 of the Guidelines and in order to ensure absolute objectivity on the part of the External Examiners, Departments are to deploy their Projects Defence and Moderation Score Sheets independent of the Supervisor’s Score Sheet.
b. Departmental Representatives (without projects defence) and External Examiners could depart once they conclude their tasks.
c. Study Centres’ officials are not bound to wait behind once they have submitted their projects and materials of the other non-examinable courses on 6 th – 7 th January; they are to return at the appointed date for collection of their projects on 16 th – 17 th January.
d. Study Centre Officials are strongly advised against interfering with the defence and moderation process by trying to induce the Examiners.
e. Study Centres are reminded to inform students for projects defence and their Supervisors of the time table; power point presentation is mandatory.
All students are advised to note the following point:
- Projects Defence is strictly for students of academic masters programmes (i.e., M.Sc., M.Ed. and M.A. students). Students in all other categories are not expected.
- Students are to come with prepared power point of their work for presentation before the Examiners, and they are to appear for the defence with their
- Students are NOT responsible for the transportation and upkeep of their Supervisors; the University will take care of that immediately after the exercise.
- Students are NOT to pay anything to staff of their Study Centre or the Headquarters for their movement or anything relating to projects apart from project registration which they must have done on the student portal.
- Every student is to come with a valid means of identification as a NOUN student.
- Please contact your Study Centres for any further clarification.
SCHEDULED DAYS FOR PROJECTS DEFENCE
Click the link below to download TIMETABLE FOR THE 2019_2 PROJECTS DEFENCE AND MODERATION THE 3 ZONES: ABUJA, LAGOS AND UYODOWNLOAD